|Storm to Pass beta||1.00 MB||Jul 5, 2010||-||162||Download|
This is try #2 at map making for me, the first one that I made just ended up too large, and made me very sad inside. It wasn't what I was aiming for at all. Plus, who wants a map that makes you sad inside? right.
Anyway, I took what I could from the feedback on that map, and put together a new one, with some similar features, but smaller, and few issues fixed up. Oh, and the best part? It makes me happy inside. Just incase you care, eh. So, now I need feedback on this map, it's on the same tileset that I used on my other one, if it happens to look familiar.
Name: Storm to Pass (Name might change, just happened to be the song on when I filled in the info. Feel free to suggest a name change if you like, I'm down with changing it if something fitting gets posted.
Type: Melee 1v1
Size: 133×116 Playable, 168×152 Actual
Scout: Takes about 25 seconds, maybe a bit more base to base.
Overview with explanation:
Red – Start location
Black – Destructible Rocks
White – LOS blockers
Yellow/Green – Watchtower/watchtower range
Blue – Odd gold/blue mineral mix expo
– Easily defended natural, with tight choke and overlooking cliff from the main
– Destructible backdoor rocks to the main and natural, because trying to push through that choke would be just stupid with tanks on the cliff. Like srsly, completely ridiculous.
– Destructible rocks blocking the… kinda.. sorta.. high yield expo. We've all seen what those Terran players like to pull, I'm not down for those shananigans. That would be a long ass way to fly, anyway.
– LOS blockers around the little lakes to prevent those pesky siege units from abusing them too much.
– Single watchtower in middle, makes holding midground advantageous.
– Lots of open ground between the 12 and 6 expo's, and down around the high yields.