|Coop Delimited v0.63 beta||851.52 KB||Feb 7, 2019||-||108||Download|
|Coop Delimited V0.62 beta||574.85 KB||Sep 20, 2018||-||45||Download|
|Zerg Gate beta||48.01 KB||Nov 13, 2017||-||104||Download|
|Windmill Doodad beta||23.61 KB||Nov 13, 2017||-||17||Download|
|Weapon Swap beta||36.90 KB||Nov 13, 2017||-||38||Download|
|Turret Unit Addon beta||24.84 KB||Nov 13, 2017||-||31||Download|
|Turret Simulation beta||16.74 KB||Nov 13, 2017||-||25||Download|
|Turn Sensor beta||24.45 KB||Nov 13, 2017||-||29||Download|
|Transfer Behavior Demonstration beta||23.20 KB||Nov 13, 2017||-||27||Download|
|Symbiont Demonstration beta||55.13 KB||Nov 13, 2017||-||30||Download|
|Side Turret Demo beta||17.92 KB||Nov 13, 2017||-||17||Download|
|Shiney Stuff beta||29.86 KB||Nov 12, 2017||-||20||Download|
|Shared cd beta||29.83 KB||Nov 12, 2017||-||9||Download|
|Reaver Mimic beta||32.36 KB||Nov 12, 2017||-||9||Download|
|Random Stat Chain beta||27.23 KB||Nov 12, 2017||-||11||Download|
|Power Line v3 beta||26.57 KB||Nov 12, 2017||-||17||Download|
|Particle Emitter Test beta||21.41 KB||Nov 12, 2017||-||10||Download|
|Ownership Changer beta||29.28 KB||Nov 12, 2017||-||11||Download|
|Multi Unit Merge mk2 beta||40.89 KB||Nov 12, 2017||-||16||Download|
|LEGZ V2.0 beta||106.79 KB||Nov 5, 2017||-||24||Download|
|Items Test beta||33.30 KB||Nov 5, 2017||-||12||Download|
|Interupt Uninterruptable beta||29.48 KB||Nov 5, 2017||-||10||Download|
|Infect Creep beta||23.71 KB||Nov 5, 2017||-||15||Download|
|Harvest Simulation beta||49.32 KB||Nov 5, 2017||-||17||Download|
|Global Calldown beta||18.61 KB||Nov 5, 2017||-||43||Download|
|Digital Peril beta||63.32 KB||Nov 5, 2017||-||19||Download|
|Dialog Test beta||67.46 KB||Nov 5, 2017||-||21||Download|
|Consume Build beta||31.30 KB||Nov 2, 2017||-||9||Download|
|Choosable Attribute System beta||18.20 KB||Nov 2, 2017||-||15||Download|
|Charge Cooldowns beta||10.52 KB||Nov 2, 2017||-||11||Download|
|Auto Harvester 3 beta||43.65 KB||Nov 2, 2017||-||14||Download|
|Attack Defend Swap beta||45.93 KB||Nov 2, 2017||-||9||Download|
|Artillery Turret beta||27.49 KB||Nov 2, 2017||-||23||Download|
|Allegiance Swap beta||28.76 KB||Nov 2, 2017||-||16||Download|
Due to the SC2Mapster forums no longer supporting .sc2map format files my archive of demonstration and proof of concept maps is being moved to a project.
These maps are for learning purposes and inspiration. All modifications have a 1test prefix for easy searching with 2test or 3test being used to separate stuff that is not strictly part of the same system.
Most of the demo maps are data editor related but some that are data/trigger hybrids are also included.
List of Assets:
Transfer Behavior Demonstration (working 27/10/2016)
- A demo map that for the first time used the Transfer Behavior effect (to think people did not know about it before, lol).
- Has two abilities, with the first spreading a contagious plague to target units while the carrier becomes stronger by having plague stacks which it can transfer for stronger decimation power.
- The second is a SSBB style sticky bomb that can be transferred on contact to another unit and detonates after a time for damage.
Choosable Attribute System (working 27/10/2016)
- A demonstration of how a Diablo 2 style attribute system can be done using pure data. Uses requirements to calculate points put into an attribute (via ability levels) along with the potential for some mathematical function added by items (+ or % stats) that are then used by an addition/subtraction equilibrium to apply/remove buff stacks adding the attributes to give the correct amount.
Attack Defend Swap (working 27/10/2016)
- Demonstration of how visuals and levelable ability sets can be swapped without morphing. The passives use a dated method of implementation, Rather use a Behavior type ability that is levelled and permanently on than several buffs with requirements.
Digital Peril (working 27/10/2016)
- Map where I experimented with creep textures and lighting to create a circuit like effect. Also contains a buff that repels units trying to walk on creep and self assembling structure complexes (work on hiatus).
Shiney Stuff (working 27/10/2016)
- Example of how some simple alterations to terrain textures and the events of doodads can make maps more interesting since terrainers tend to only use the default settings for both. Primarily intended to be inspiration for jewel encrusted maps eg a treasure cave. Uses the specular texture as a diffuse for the mesh resulting in a golden terrain. Also has crystals that change colour semi randomly in all the colours of the rainbow.
Windmill Doodad (partially working 27/10/2016)
- A giant windmill doodad with turning blades. Still looks good although the method used for turning the blades is dated. Was the first demonstration of being able to dynamically rotate models without having complex series of attached turning actors/turrets that are paused/unpaused. Worked by attaching a model to a beam that followed a half square of marines that altered scales. As the Beam (Simple) wobbles when moving (unlike Beam (Standard)) a forward vector was used to stabilize the blade (The SOp (Forward Vector) method eventually completely replaced this old method). As patch 1.5 added the SOp (Rotator) SOp making spinning attachments is no longer a technical feat.
- Due to changes that have been made to the exploding barrel model and how beams work since 10/08/2011 this map is only partially functional. The barrel models have been replaced with marines to allow partial rotation however the Beam (Simple) actor would need to be replaced with a SOp (Up Vector) to restore full aesthetic function (27/10/2016).
Consume Build (working 27/10/2016)
- Entry for the one WDE. Is a build system that requires the sacrifice of units to complete the structure. On placement the structure automatically recruits nearby units to be sacrificed. Works by a buff on the structure disabling the buildable ability and applying a buff on the unit to be sacrificed preventing several buildings trying to recruit the same one. The buff on the sacrifice also orders the unit to the building, when close enough sacrifices the unit by converting it into a missile like brood lord escorts that then adds a counter buff to the building and a buff that supresses the build repressor for a few seconds until the duration runs out. When the full number of sacrifices required to complete the building has been reached the structure no longer recruits nearby units.
Ownership Changer (working 27/10/2016)
- Works like the interact ability in that a nearby unit gains control of the structure and the player retains control as long as it has units nearby. Has some advantages over the interact ability with regards to kill credit and the ownership of trained units.
Auto Harvester v3.0 (working 19/12/2016)
- A colossal mining structure for harvesting minerals. Currently does lack birth/death animations. Has a large boom on an elevator that it uses to move the claw over the minerals which then drops down to take a large chunk out of the patch. The claw then retracts and the boom returns to its' default position over the crusher before dropping the minerals in. The crusher then displays a nice sparking visual before producing several pallets of minerals (more if harvesting from a high yield field) that then travel up the conveyor to the side. On reaching the top of the conveyor the player receives the minerals gathered with the mineral type appropriate Text actor visual. The colour of the collected minerals changes to fit the type of mineral patch being harvested.
- The boom uses a tentacle to produce dynamic movement although the boom visuals use a dated method of animation in that the first boom part points at an invisible lever system above the boom causing imperfect extension at longer distances. For the latest method look at the LEGZ map.
- Patches had broken several things in the old map including the 1test leader overhead actor refusing to host on the attachment point and the grabber Launch Missile effect having had the launch unit defaulting back to source as opposed to caster. There were many other small bugs like textures not being swapped, the tentacle attached to the turret not turning and blizzard having changed how the Location Compare Cliff Level validators operate. To fix these bugs the XML was transferred to a new map and all bugs addressed. The auto harvester was then updated to include a selection circle and limitations to only harvest minerals with yield differences based on mineral type harvested. The old weapon based system of turret turning has been replaced with a Modify Unit based one. The rate of resource gathering was then balanced to equate to just over 21 workers worth. All pieces of data have also been annotated in the editor comments.
Turn Sensor (working 27/10/2016)
- Proof of concept map where the principle of the Doppler shift is used to determine if a unit is turning left or right. At a glance this might seem trivial but the game lacks an inbuilt capacity to do so and it has uses. For a more advanced and robust version look at the LEGZ map.
- Patches had changed the sensitivities so had the Location Range validators recalibrated (27/10/2016).
Multi Unit Merge Mk2 (working 27/10/2016)
- A simulation of the Merge/mergable abilities except it can use an undefined number of any different type of unit in the process of making a single final unit. Uses principles developed for the Consume Build map. Is robust to support even insane amounts of clicking. Can be used for merges of 3, 4 or even 10+ different unit types and is able to be made completely orthogonal to copies of itself so there is not the issue of different merges calling upon the units of each other.
Zerg Gate (working 27/10/2016)
- A dirty great big gate of the Zerg that has huge claws rise up from the ground before interlacing with each other to form an arch before huge tendrils shoot up from the ground to prevent units from passing. Comes complete with sounds and a glowing emblem to show it is locked. Currently only set up to let Zerg units (and nearby friends) past but can easily be modified to open and close on any desired condition (just alter the validator on the morph).
Items Test (working 27/10/2016)
- Proof of concept map where items interact with holding units via a behaviour on the item unit (and vice versa)and not via the fields under the Items data type. For an expanded use of this principle look at the Simbiont Demonstration map.
Symbiont Demonstration (working 27/10/2016)
- A work in progress but currently has a commensal symbiotic item that requires permission of the host to fuse with it (unless neutral player for testing purposes). When fused with the item the holding unit gets a change in appearance and gains different weapons and stat bonuses. As both the unit and the item level up on kills (even when in inventory) the stat bonus increases and every few levels a new weapon is gained from the relationship (work in progress). Also contains an exp generator using a Battery type ability for testing purposes. Things still to be implemented are the last few weapons at higher levels, parasitic items with various nasty item based attacks (from mind control to classic Alien like chest bursters). Will also experiment with self propagating items within inventories when I get round to it.
Power Line (working 27/10/2016)
- System made for the community project where a power grid needs to be connected to a generator structure and transmitted via a network of nodes to the target structure. Breaking of the link between the generator and peripheral parts of the network causes a loss of power to that part until the connection is restored. Also has tentacle like cables as visuals for the power lines which are destroyed/reformed as connections are lost/regained.
Particle Emitter Test (working 27/10/2016)
- Just some fun I had using the Texture Select By ID event action on one of the smoke particle emitters so it lets off the one horned skull decals that change colours rainbow archon style.
- Some patch had deleted the prefix on the model but once replaced everything works as intended (27/10/2016).
Harvest Simulation (Working 27/10/2016)
- Fully functional simulation of the Harvest ability based on buffs on the unit that look if the unit is being ordered to move to a specific target and is within range. Uses buff stacks to count the amount harvested. Allows for interrupting the harvest for a fraction of the gain (not possible with original ability as it is all or nothing). Also allows for more than four resources as each resource type can be represented by buff stacks and enables chains of manufacture/refining eg. coal + ore = iron + coal + gunpowder = cannon that is required to train a unit.
- Has a building that employs the unit to do the task using a more effective system of commanding.
- Also has a jostle buff that uses an Apply Force effect to ensure units do not stop moving when still far from the target.
LEGZ V2.0 (working 27/10/2016)
- Part of my composite unit skeleton project. Any bug reports/solutions would be appreciated. Soon will be reduced to a user friendly mod for anyone to use to make composite units (15/07/2016)
- Is a tetrapedal walker from which visuals can be hung and can trample units under foot. Can leap at targets and also has a stomp and body slam attack when attacking that uses the leg likely to cause the most damage or the body itself.
- The foot movement uses a tentacle that on impact creates a model type actor at the point like the Lurker spines which then uses reference set to change the hosting to the tentacle so the return is not visible. This system allows Launch Missile effects to be used to take steps. The rest of the leg visuals hang off this system.
- The legs use the SOp (Forward Vector) method to create a stable platform on which the leg is attached.
- The upper and lower leg structural elements both face a model at an offset in the -x/-y direction to the other. To prevent issues with digi/retrograde legs the offsets are imperfect to favour one or the other. To further reduce the previously mentioned issue the feet on creation are raised before being lowered and a SOp (Explicit Rotation) is used to further increase the odds of the one direction. There is also a Click Response behaviour to help fix the rare uncooperative legs. This creates a Dynamic boom from which visuals can be hung
- There is a MK2 rotation sensor (prototype seen in Turn Sensor map) that measures in three locations at 120 degrees to each other to allow a degree of confidence in the direction being turned if one measurement is faulty. Also detects the range of the measurements from the unit to prevent the map edge/unpathable terrain causing false readings. This allows the pace offsets to be corrected when turning left or right, moving forwards and when standing idle.
- The leap attack is known to bug occasionally when autocasting because the autocast ignores the arc of the ability launching the unit backwards. The legs are fixed the next time a step is taken.
- The stomp and body slam attack ennumerates the numbers of units in the range of each leg and the body using buff stacks before stomping or body slamming the area with the most targets.
- There are two birth animation options for the walker able to be applied with a Buff behaviour on creation.
- Current version has four leg themes as inspiration which are randomly chosen when the map is tested. The Terran theme is a minimalist Terran leg made of a bunker foot (Terratron terrorize) and a leg of two hex columns to show how easy it is to make a decent leg. The Protoss themed legs I call the Greater Archon, just imagine them with a few xel naga hull plates surrounding a protoss hero gate with a dirty big dark archon on top launching electrified death at you. The Zerg theme I call Zerg Gargantuan, imagine 6-8 of those wading through your forces holding up a gigantic zerg horror with multiple glowing red eyes that is devouring your forces with several tentacle like tongues. The final shape theme uses only a single model that is retextured, tinted and/or animation paused for all parts to create great results (includes a winged knee crest even).
- V2.0 has had the actor creation process simplified to the avatar, body main and leg origin actors to make it easier for players to create additional legs. All custom data is fully annotated in the editor comments and with prefixes and suffixes.
Turret Simulation (working 27/10/2016)
- Proof of concept map and going to be implementation of torso mechanics of my composite unit skeleton project. Currently contains a mechanic for doodads to follow the movement of units within an area before returning to their original position (think gothic portraits with following eyes or the Hogwarts suits of armour). Also contains a system for making the head of a unit turn to face the direction of the attack target (even targets behind without turning too much).
- The doodad part uses a periodic Region type actor in a method based on the colossus tree killer to set the hosting of an attachment to the target using a Reference Set event action that the "head" then follows using a SOp (Up Vector). A periodic status decrement system is used to return the reference to the initial host if the unit moves our of the area queried.
- The head turner uses a weapon to apply a buff to the target of the Attack ability that then uses a similar method to attach a model from the main unit to the target. To prevent issues with units moving behind the head the a head faces an offset model that moves in an ellipse caused by the circle of motion being offset at an angle relative to the plane of head movement. The model turning the ellipse faces the model attached to the target.
Weapon Swap (working 27/10/2016)
- Demo map of how to smoothly swap between weapons. Solves a commonly asked question. Inspired by the remnants of the removed weapon swap system of Raynor.
- Uses Buff behaviours to add the weapons and a system of Effect – Instant abilities adding and removing the buffs to perform the swap. In hindsight a Specialize type ability could have done everything instead of several separate abilities.
Shared Cd (working 27/10/2016)
- Demo map of how to get several abilities to share a common cool down. Another commonly asked question.
Interrupt Uninterruptable Ability (working 27/10/2016)
- Demo map of a buff based system that allows for uninterruptable abilities to be interrupted by the unit being hit. Also contains a system for making the next unit attack to have an enhanced shot.
- First problem is solved using a damage response on defender that applies a Buff that disables the ability in question disrupting it.
- Second problem was solved by the ability applying a buff with a damage response on attacker that does the enhancement that expires before the next attack. In hind sight adding a Create Persistent effect with a 0.0016 sec delay that then removes the buff with the damage response would be a more robust method.
Allegiance Swap (working 27/10/2016)
- Demonstrates how to swap the owning player of a unit when it takes fatal damage. A common issue with several map types that involve capturing buildings/cities/flags.
- Uses a fatal damage response buff to prevent unit death and swap the ownership to the attacker before healing the unit. Only works for enemy units (If I remember correctly).
Reaver Mimic (working 27/10/2016)
- Demonstrates how to make a SC1 Reaver weapon. Another common question.
- Uses an internal Arm Magazine ability like the carrier except it launches a ground unit with a Scaler mover to cross cliffs that has a suicide weapon like the Baneling.
- Since LOTV added the real deal this map is no longer so valid.
Infect Creep (working 27/10/2016)
- Demo map made at a request. Has an ability on the queen that upgrades creep tumours to do damage to enemies on the creep.
- Changes the model of the creep tumour using the Model Swap event action and creates a Splat type actor to tint the "infected" creep a different colour.
- Damage system is a straight forward damage aura on the upgraded tumours that uses the On Creep validator for damaging the targets.
- Patch had covered the ability button which has been moved (27/10/2016)
Turret Unit Addon (working 27/10/2016)
- Demo map showing how to apply turrets on units using models that lack a TurretZ attachment point. A commonly asked question for beginners making TD maps.
- Has the model of interest attached onto a hidden model with a TurretZ attachment point that enables rotation.
- Somehow patches had really messed with the events of the Unit actor between 24/07/2011 and now so the events of the Unit actor were reset and then changed to the original configuration (27/10/2016).
Artillery Turret (working 22/11/2016)
- Demo map showing how to get actors attached to a Unit actor to follow the cursor of an ability before locking onto the target. Also has a side gun that is modified to be more robust when multicast and to apply a cooldown to a dummy weapon.
- Has a boom system to adjust the angle of the artillery to follow Newtonian ballistics based on distance to the target. Unfortunately SC2 ballistic movers do not use Newtonian ballistics so the calibration is off.
Side Turret Demo (working 22/11/2016)
- Solution to the problem of having a weapon/passive with an arc that searches for targets at an angle and being able to lock onto a single target. Is multicastable and able to be made orthogonal allowing for a single unit to have multiple weapons with overlapping arcs that are able to fire at independent targets.
- Uses Modify Unit effects to make models with TurretZ attachment points look at the target. Also has a second purely actor based method to get attached actors to look at the target (also allows for movement along the z axis).
- The target locking uses an angular Search Area with an arc that applies a Set effect to a single target. The Set then marks the target with a Buff behaviour that has a stack limit of 1 per caster and uses the require caster history fields of Unit Compare Behaviour Count validator and Remove Behavior effect to prevent interaction with other units that have the same weapon/passive (similar to the Liberator). The target mark is limited to the target search arc by a combination of a Location Range validator and a periodic Search Area effect with the complimentary arc that removes marker buffs owned by the caster. The out of bounds search is performed by a Buff behaviour that disables the target search buff preventing additional targets being marked. A Create Persistent effect which persists until the target is dead or loses the marker buff is used for the periodic use of the desired effect tree and uses the final effect to reset the system.
Random Stat Chain
- A demonstration map showing how Buff behaviours interacting with items can be used to convert random buff stacks on items into attributes on a hero that supports a variety of modifiers including division and subtraction which are transferred to a captured vehicle.
- The first method uses a buff on the hero unit to convert buff stacks on the equipped items into an intermediate transfer buff that is then used to determine the amount of specific attributes. This method is unable to distinguish between equipped and held items.
- The second method is incorporated into the vehicle capture system where the attributes of the hero are directly copied.
- The third method uses a Create Persistent effect applied as the initial effect of the buff added by the item to create a feedback loop able to be used for stat adjustment and detection when the item is dropped or not equipped.
- The global calldown panel seen in the LOTV campaign and Co-op is a feature many map makers want to incorporate into their projects but lack the understanding to implement due to the dispersed nature of the campaign triggers. This map demonstrates how to make a global calldown panel in the simplest form.
- The visual for the calldown panel is set to use Model actor attachments allowing for easy customisation.
- Demonstration map showing how to use the User Data data type to automate dialog creation.
- Includes examples of buttons with models that respond to being clicked, 1 in 4 button selection and x out of n selection.
- Has a system for hiding/showing dialogs by shrinking/expanding them to/from a point in the screen.
- Primarily set up for the creation of perk/army/race selection screens.
- Shows how to make abilities regenerate multiple charges at once and show the charge cooldown in the default command card.
Coop Delimited v0.6
- Template map with modifications for the Allied Commanders mod enabling implementation of custom commanders. Using this template also should avoid several bugs encountered when using the mod.
- Commander choice is no longer limited to just Raynor, Kerrigan or Artanis
- Full mastery levelling has been added
- Expanded the maximum number of commanders able to exist (used to be limited to 2). In the template map 3 commander players are set up and the UI supports up to 6.
- Multiple players can now select the same commander
- Full commander, mastery point and custom mutator selection.
- Made the hard cap on the number of unique commanders able to be adjusted.
- Has a template custom commander to act as a guide
- Modified triggers have been annotated
- Terran commanders other than Nova can now have heroes