|Verdant Fray v1.3.3 release||6.91 MB||Jun 3, 2012||-||354||Download|
Version 1.3.3 (Bnet Version 1.42)
This map adds a twist to what players consider "Capture the Hill". Two teams of three players are stationed on opposite ends of the map and map battle amongst 5 islands in the center of the map for complete domination. This map was created for one purpose; create a new and exciting experience for the average StarCraft 2 player. Numerous hours have been devoted to creating a lush and realistic world in which the players must not only battle enemy encounters, but must also avoid and adapt to the wrath of mother nature.
There are two natural world elements that have been incorporated into this map. Flooding and a Day/Night Cycle
Throughout each match, players will be kept on their toes as randomly occurring floods that will cause players to seek higher ground before succumbing to mother nature's wrath. Each randomly occurring flood will provide a 15 second warning to attempt to get units to higher ground. The flood's duration can last anywhere from 20 to 45 seconds. Also, not only will your units slowly drown if left in the deep water, but their movement speed will be reduced to simulate real water impairment.
Also, during each match, you will witness realistic day and night transitions. Each phase of the day is 7 1/2 minutes in length. The purpose of this mechanism is to test the player's overall flexibility. This is achieved by only allowing units to use cloaking abilities in the shadows of the night. Being cause in the day light will reveal and prevent units from cloaking.
vTwMechlior – Assisting with Testing and debugging
Please be sure to let me know of any bugs and/or errors. Feel free to contact me via Real ID: "Zurom – 998"
- Units that try to attack the opposing teams' starting bases will be instantly returned to their starting base area
- A new "Islands" dialog has been added to assist players in which teams own which islands
- A new objective will now appear to assist players in what is the main objective of the map
- The "Bonuses" and "Islands" dialog windows have been moved to more suitable locations on the screen
- It has become apparent that the "Intro" has been causing all sorts of problems. The intro has been temporarily disabled until further notice
- The "water" is now an acidic substance. Units no longer drown, they disintegrate.
- Added: AI has been added (for Team Two [players 4,5,6] only right now)
- Changed: Island Xel'Naga Columns for the outter islands have been changed to Aiur Temple Buildings
- Changed: Players can now attack other players' natural expansions
- Changed: Players can now scout other players' main bases
- Changed: When a team captures the middle island, they will receive 5 minerals every 8 seconds (game time)
- Fixed: The vespene geyser in the North West Rich expansion has been fixed
- Fixed: The point accumulator has been fixed to work properly
- Fixed: Island bonuses are now properly removed from a team if they lose the respective island
- Added: Players can now move the "Island" and "Bonuses" dialog boxes
- Currently only fully supported by "Fullscreen" and "Windowed (Fullscreen)"
- Changed: All dialog boxes have been redone to be less bulky and appear more sleek
- Added: A "battle field map" has been added. Players can bring up the map by pressing F8
- Added: An "X" is displayed on the respective island on the battle field map when a team captures an island
- Added: Players can now "minimize" the Bonuses dialog and restore it if needed.
- Changed: Several changes have been made to the code to optimize performance
- Removed: The "Islands" dialog has been removed
- Added: A new "ping" system has been implemented. A ping will be displayed on the minimap when a team captures an island. The color of the ping will be the color of the team that captures the island. The color of the ping will be orange if the island is being contested.
- Changed: Each player in each team will now the same color
- Players 1, 2, 3 = Team One = Red
- Players 4, 5, 6 = Team Two = Blue
- Changed: Player alliances will have shared control set to default
- Removed: The "eye" icon that is displayed on the minimap from the Xel'Naga Towers have been removed to prevent minimap clutter.
Add a comment