|2. Amber Sun release||112.08 MB||Jan 15, 2017||-||3,098||Download|
|3. Aureolin Eclipse release||133.05 MB||Dec 7, 2016||-||1,927||Download|
|1. Crimson Moon release||69.22 MB||Aug 22, 2015||-||4,198||Download|
"Perfect Soldiers" is a 30-mission trilogy campaign consisting of 3 parts: Crimson Moon, Amber Sun and Aureolin Eclipse. The campaigns were not designed with sequels in mind, and yet sequels they acquired anyway, and now they're all gathered here together so that players can easily access them at the same place.
Though this is primarily a terran campaign, there are some missions in Aureolin Eclipse that let you play as protoss.
"Perfect Soldiers" has a dark, twisty story that's full of memorable scenes and moments, populated by characters that you will both care for and hate. The campaign begins at the intersection of two plotlines: a group of miners that have travelled to the remote world of Roverville in search for fortune, and a Crimson Moon assassin on the hunt for a dangerous terrorist threatening to bring chaos to the sector. As the story progresses, more and more characters enter… until the final showdown in Aureolin Eclipse's last mission.
How to play
- Download the files to your computer, and unzip.
- The maps should be placed in folders named "Crimson Moon", "Amber Sun" and "Aureolin Eclipse" (depending on which campaign you download) in the "Maps" folder. If the placement is wrong, the maps won't connect (but they can still be played).
- No mod is required, except for Aureolin Eclipse. Place the file "AEmod" in the mod folder and you're good to go.
- When starting the campaign, use the mission launcher, which lets you choose which mission you want to play.
- A Future Uncertain
- The Black Khan
- The Shortest Straw
- Veil of Frost
- Graveyard of Memories
- Assume the Position
- Perfect Soldiers
- Under a Crimson Moon
- The Overlord Hunt
- The Khaal-Ro
- A Rose with Thorns
- Desert Dogs
- The Pragmatist
- Assassins in the Fog
- Back to Square One
- Bad Company
- All-Clear Signal
- Memories of a Mercenary
- The Mercenary and the Pragmatist
- Valley of Blood
- Winter Warriors
- Old Acquaintances
Though the project is all mine, I'd like to extend my thanks to the following:
- Tyneara and the rest of the Custom Campaign Initiative for helping build a campaign community.
- The creators of the SC1 remake campaigns, from where I found the inspiration to using custom music and making atmospheric intros.
- OneTwoSC, for his Youtube video of how to make a snow tileset.
- Terhonator, for his mission launcher.
- The guys over at the Map Art Thread on the Team Liquid forums, for much visual inspiration.
- Jayborino, for his playthroughs on YouTube and endless support.
- All my testers, for their willingness to play the bugged, unfinished versions of the maps.
- Last, but certainly not least: everyone who plays the campaign, and everyone who gives constructive feedback!