|Backwater Station 0.3 release||14.14 MB||Jan 27, 2011||-||2,146||Download|
|Backwater Station 0.2 release||14.14 MB||Dec 18, 2010||-||2,327||Download|
|Backwater Station 0.1 release||14.45 MB||Dec 16, 2010||-||1,068||Download|
A remake of the 2nd mission from the StarCraft 1 Terran campaign. Check my profile for another remade map.
How to play it
Download the file anywhere and then drag it onto your SC2 shortcut.
If you insist on doing it the hard way (opening in editor and testing) then make sure you're testing in normal difficulty.
After the relocation, the Colonial Magistrate received news that Backwater Station was under attack from the zerg. Confederate headquarters on Tarsonis was alerted. Duke told the Magistrate not to interfere, stating he would take care of it. Raynor was unconvinced Duke would arrive in time and volunteered to lead colonial troops in a successful action to rescue the station. (Copied from Starcraft Wiki)
- hopefully it's now a bigger challenge than the original map =]
- Backwater is now an actual base, not just three buildings and some bunkers
- a little bit of lore in the intro (it's still horrible without voices, feel free to skip it)
- the flow of the original map is almost retained 😉
- voices and music from the original mission
Notes from the author
- please report any bugs you find
- only normal difficulty is implemented
- Mike Liberty is just a lore flavor, he doesn't need to survive and isn't used for anything
- I know the map doesn't look anything like Blizzard's first mission from SC2 (which takes place in Backwater again), that's because early development on this map started before SC2 was released =P
- it's not on battle.net because it's too big (could fit, if the sc2mod files were working properly), and because it's a singleplayer map, and because the custom map system apparently sucks
- the tech tree is cut down to feel like the classic one, but it's not a perfect copy (more like a hack job really)
- the crappy lip sync in NOT a bug, I have to use existing lip animations and it's hard to find ones that fit (this time, especially for Duke)
- the map was part of Starcraft Reborn, a mod to remake Starcraft 1, but I got frustrated by the slow pace, authors dropping out and leaving maps half finished and the general lack of interest (almost nobody signed up when we opened up recruitment)