|Weather - Beta 3.1 beta||5.38 MB||Sep 23, 2012||-||719||Download|
|Weather - Beta 3 beta||5.38 MB||Sep 21, 2012||-||192||Download|
|Weather Demo beta||134.30 KB||Sep 19, 2012||-||159||Download|
|Weather - Beta 2 beta||12.18 KB||Sep 19, 2012||-||153||Download|
|Weather - Beta 1 beta||12.08 KB||Sep 19, 2012||-||167||Download|
What is Weather?
Weather is a .Sc2mod file containing a library which gives the user the capability to create weather systems in their maps.
This mod will be featured in Warcraft: A new Dawn. It was created for this mod in particular but was released as a stand-alone for the community.
Ie.: Say you have an RPG which is situated in a forest. Wouldn't it be nice if it rained once in a while?
"Weather" has been uploaded to B.net (NA). Add through B.net to stay up-to-date constantly.
Weather comes equipped with four different "Weather Types". Forest (Rainy), Desert (Windy dust), Snow, Heat Wave(Sun/winds).
Each can be set at different intensities (Light, Medium, Heavy).
- Beta 3 Addition:
- Multiple Storms (12 Storms Maximum. Storm ID from 0 to 11)
- The ability to stop a specific storm.
- Storms are no longuer bound to the whole map. The user has the ability to choose a specific region.
- Added SFX
"Weather" currently uses "+Weather" action definition to start a chain reaction that creates a storm for an approximate X number of time and a Clear Skies for an approximate X number of time. Note that the storm & clear skies period will last longer than the bounds you set it too. The purpose was to give each storm a receding feeling. Also it reduces the stress on the engine.
+Weather( "Weather Type", "Weather Intensity","Storm ID", "Storm min duration", "Storm max duration", "Clear skies min duration", "Clear skies max duration")
- "Weather Type" : Click on the parameter on the action and select the "Preset" button.
- "Weather Intensity" : Same as "Weather Type"
- "Storm ID" : Each storm must have a differant storm id. Otherwise your storms will stack in the record and probably create errors.
- "Storm min&max duration" : I recommend not setting the max duration for more than 120 seconds. Also do not set the min duration higher than the max.
- "Clear skies min&max duration" : Same as "Storm" settings.
I recommend a minimum of 5 seconds between each storm creation.
+Weather Stop( "Storm Id")
- This value is used to recall which storm is where within the record.
If you Run this mod at it's maximum capacity. You are creating (75 Doodads actors + 15 Sound actors) x 12 storms = 1080 total actors on the map ) Use wisely.
What's left to do on this? Is it at it's final version?
No. I want to give the user the capability to choose between random intensity storms and constant intensity.
Please give Credit if you use this mod.
Stress Test Beta 3
Early Beta 3
- Beta 3.1 Heat Wave Hot Fix
- Adjusted the timing of the "SFX actors" removal. The sounds should disapear roughly at the same time as the storm everytime now.
- Beta 3
- Added +Weather Stop(Storm ID) Call this function to stop a storm completely. It will finish the current storm and stop.
- Added Multiple storm capabilities. 256 version is removed.
- Added SFX
- Heat Wave
Changed the "Sun Ray" max count to 50. No Wind will be created on Light/Medium.
Removed SFX from Light/Medium Settings
Changed the "Snow Emitter" to spawn completely in light and into medium. Reduced the amount of "Winter Winds" actors.
- Beta 2
- Changed the rain of the "Snow Weather Type" from "Rain Emitter Large" to "Rain Sprinkler".
- Reworked the "Blizzard". Added 50% Transparency to the actor.
- Changed the model used to achieve the "Blizzard" effect from "Dust Storm" to "Wind Emitter Medium"
- Created separate version of the mod for very large maps. Beta 2 has a maximum of 75 actors and Beta 2.256 has a maximum of 225.
- Beta 1
- First Version to be released. Was optimized from alpha.