|Hero Selection Library v3.0.1 Final release||886.73 KB||Aug 18, 2010||-||2,412||Download|
|Hero Selection Library Manual release||112.14 KB||Aug 18, 2010||-||1,407||Download|
|Hero Selection Library v3.0 Final release||880.85 KB||Aug 18, 2010||-||309||Download|
|libCircleHeroSelection v2.3 release||695.01 KB||Aug 16, 2010||-||430||Download|
|libCircleHeroSelection v2.2 release||606.46 KB||Aug 15, 2010||-||245||Download|
|libCircleHeroSelection v2.1 release||539.93 KB||Aug 14, 2010||-||239||Download|
Dynamic Hero Selection Library.
Current version: 3.0.1 Final – only bug-fix releases coming up
A very easy to use library with plenty of options. Simply add it to your map, whip in a few heroes and BAM you got yourself a beautiful, full featured hero selection.
- Completely modular – add any amount of units to the selection
- Extremely easy to use – simply call the action
- Based on a single point in the map
- Shows icons for all units
- Identifies randoming players
- Repick option
- Custom UI
- Settings – most notably:
- Three different hero selection styles
- Skin Color Scheme
- Exclusive Heroes – Allows every unit to be picked only once
- Spawn Immediately – Allows players to start the game before hero picking is finished
- Secret Heroes – Only obtainable through randoming
- Unavailable Heroes – Shown in circle but cannot be obtained
- And many small things…
How to use
NOTE: Action Hint Texts do not show due to a bug – go into Library View (View -> Show Library), open libCircleHeroSelection, open the Actions folder and you can read the hint text in the comment of the action.
- Download the latest file and import it in the Trigger Editor. View -> Library -> Import Library.
You can now see the available actions in your triggers under the label 'Circle Hero Selection'.
- Read the manual found in the download section
- Make sure you use 'Set Circle Hero Selection At Point'
- Then add any amount of heroes with 'Add Unit To Circle Hero Selection Pool'
- Now run the action 'Create Circle Hero Selection'
Done! Don't forget to check out the additional options.
- Icon image no longer tiled
- Exclusive random no longer says you repicked
- Revealer time fixed in game speeds other than normal
- No more unit models in portrait mode
- Optimized code & bug fixes
- Added check to see if there are enough exclusive heroes for all players
- Repick option added
- Center Info dialog added
- Removed player 0 requirement – now uses the first player in active players for sample heroes
- Removed fidget from all sample heroes
- Offset distance is now calculated based on the amount of heroes
- Added 2 style types – Flash Screen & Portrait
- Portrait requires no room in the map at all, purely dialog based
- Added option to force small circle – useful for large amount of heroes because circle will keep expanding however this option will make it crowded
- Currently selected hero icon highlighted
- Single player detection – force Spawned Immediately on
Free to use and edit! Please give credit.
Bugs / Assistance
Please submit all bugs, as detailed as possible. Attached map greatly preferred.
If you need help, ask away. IRC works faster.
At this point, feature development has come to a halt so I can start working on other projects. However, extremely good suggestions will still get implemented.
An SC2 Library cannot be localized at the moment. It will work with enGB / enUS clients. However Hint Text on Actions are missing due to a bug on Blizzards part. You can find these hint texts if you go into the Library View (View -> Show Library), open the Hero Selection Library folder and go into the Actions folder. Click on the function and you will see the hint text in a comment.
Latest version can always be found in the files section of the project page.
Be sure to read the manual.